Friday, November 6, 2009

My ideas on paper


Images of inspiration ^

In keeping with my concept orchestrate I thought lines and conducting. In the above inspirational image the sculpture of lines inspired me to suspend my walls and have the barriers seem afloat. Like I drew above a ceiling feature is mounted by cables which connect towards the floor creating a separation of space without actually having a wall.

Here I showed an example of suspending the walls.

I then moved on thinking of the curves of music notes, and the flow of sound waves. I was inspired by Vivaldi's Four Seasons particularly Autumn. Having these curves which display a moment.

Here is an example of integrating the column along with the ceiling.


This is an add I cut out along with my concept of Orchestrate it inspired me to push and pull walls in order to convey my concept of music.

Here maybe a little to literal I showed how the flow of music jets from wall to wall, the lines of the music become shelving units in the retail space to display student work.


Lastly I kept the idea to suspend walls. Here cables suspend from the ceiling pulling the wall up when not in use and hiding it in the ceiling. I also am doing research on the Juxtaforms which can hide the cables and help reduce the acoustics.

No comments: